Central CFR offers advice and support in the preparation and management of foundation grants.
Feel free to contact the Central Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations about the following:
- Advice on proposal development:
- Developing strategies on approaching philanthropic organizations;
- Obtaining feedback about proposal content;
- Preparing proposal budgets;
- Good stewardship/reporting practices.
- Information about grant management:
- Protocols for proposal submission;
- Role of the Office of Research Services (ORS);
- Working with both CFR and ORS offices.
- Obtaining copies of required proposal attachments:
- IRS Determination letter of 501(c) 3 and 509(a) status;
- Penn’s Form 1040 tax return;
- Audited Financial Statements;
- Narrative information about Penn required for proposals.
For useful links to information about foundation funding and proposal writing, see the Resources provided at right.